Sportsfield Specialties is looking for high-energy, positive, and flexible candidates with a desire to grow their careers with a rapidly expanding company. To apply, please fill out an application and upload it along with your resume. Salary DOE, great benefit package includes but not limited to: health, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, flexible spending and paid time off. Sportsfield Specialties is an AA/EOE.
West Regional Sales Manager
SSI Direct is seeking a Regional Sales Manager to help drive further growth of our aftermarket business by developing strategic initiatives that correlate with the demands of the direct sale sports equipment market
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Frequent travel throughout a predefined regional sales territory of California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington and Ohio.
• Proactively develop and maintain customer relationships with targeted end-users, including but not limited to Athletic Directors, Coaches, and Facility Managers of School Districts and Institutions of Higher Learning;
• Achieve regional sales objectives by identifying and securing relevant sales opportunities; providing exceptional, hands-on customer service; thinking critically and resolving issues; identifying trends; communicating and cooperating effectively with colleagues; participating in new product development and existing product enhancement; prioritizing and optimizing one’s time;
• Develop a keen understanding of the end-user market by performing market research, reviewing and comparing competitors, and attending annual trade shows both regionally and nationally;
• Aspire to become an expert across all relevant product groups, with an emphasis on those most commonly sold directly into the end-user market; this includes a working understanding of the rules and regulations of the associated sport or event;
• Effectively share leads and work cooperatively with other internal sales divisions; work to develop a mutually beneficial synergy with your sales counterparts, including but not limited to the New Construction and Large Venue Sales Divisions;
• In conjunction with Customer Service, manage all aspects of the selling process; opportunity identification, quote generation, customer follow-up, order entry, production scheduling, delivery logistics, and post-delivery service;
• Develop a keen understanding of Cooperative Purchasing via KPN (Keystone Purchasing Network) and incorporate as a key element within the overall direct sales strategy.
• Bachelor’s degree or prior sales experience considered in lieu of.
• Prior sales experience in the athletic environment preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build a rapport quickly with customers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• General computer proficiency.
Salary DOE, great benefit package includes but not limited to: health, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, flexible spending and paid time off. To apply, submit application online, apply in person at 41155 State Highway 10, fax resume to (607) 746-3107 or send resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 231, Delhi, NY 13753. Sportsfield Specialties, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.